23andMe is looking for a data-driven, strategic marketing professional to drive all media planning and buying at 23andMe. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the newly created role of Director of Media will lead both offline and online media strategy and buying for 23andMe in the US and across all markets.
The Director of Media will need to be hands on working directly with our offline media agencies while also effectively managing a small, high performing team.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience purchasing TV media for brands that emphasize ROI and also understand the less tangible branding value TV provides. S/he will be responsible for media strategy, agency relationships, budgets and attribution measurement in an environment where sales and CPA are key metrics.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Define and drive overall media strategy in a data-driven manner.
- Partner closely with brand team on media strategy and planning.
- Be thought leader at 23andMe on offline media planning/buying specifically TV media.
- Manage external agencies and internal team responsible for planning, buying and optimization of offline (TV, radio primarily) and digital media.
- Own overall media budget driving marketing attribution and channel by channel budget allocation.
- Work closely with internal analytics team on tracking key metrics.
- Foster a culture of testing both in existing channels and new channels.
- 8+ years of experience leading offline and online media teams for an ROI focused brand or agency.
- Experience managing TV and radio media strategy; planning and buying for brands with large budgets measured against both direct response and branding goals.
- Track record of driving significant customer growth.
- Deep fluency in marketing attribution methodologies and options.
- Comfortable presenting and defending work to top executives.
- Client side experience a huge plus.
- Exceptional analytical skills and willingness to dig into and own the data.
- Experience managing a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, MBA preferred.
23andMe is the leading personal genetics company. We are dedicated to helping individuals understand their own genetic information through DNA analysis technologies and web-based interactive tools. Our mission is to personalize health care by making and supporting meaningful discoveries through genetic research. Combining web development, computer science, genetics, social media, and informatics, 23andMe is at the forefront of a new era in personal genetics.