Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
23andMe has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. The therapeutics team at 23andMe leverages this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional research team responsible for the in vitro characterization of drug targets and drug compounds. Successful candidates will be independent and creative researchers with ability to lead focused teams and early research programs. Strong capabilities in cell-based bioassays relevant to immunology research are required.
What you’ll do
- Development and execution of cell-based bioassays and flow cytometry assays to characterize drug targets and drug compounds (using cell lines or primary cells)
- Project leadership of preclinical programs
- Contribution to new drug target evaluation and drug discovery program strategy
- Supervision of one or more Research Associates
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. in biological sciences
- Minimum of 5 years experience in basic research or drug discovery in the field of immunology
- Exceptional laboratory skills, with demonstrated proficiency in molecular/cell biology techniques, cell-based bioassays and flow cytometry assays
- Proven track record via high quality publications and/or patent applications
- Management experience in leading focused teams or cross-disciplinary program teams
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 1 million customers worldwide with over 80 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.