Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Our Marketing team is looking for a senior marketing manager to build and drive all disease community marketing and recruiting efforts. Communities today includeParkinson’s, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Lupus and more.
Who you are
You are passionate about being a part of a mission-driven organization. You want to join a team of individuals who are pioneering consumer genetics. You believe in the mission to help people access, understand and benefit from their human genome. You want to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts people’s lives, and you’re not afraid to make it happen.
You’re a clear and articulate communicator while also being a great listener and observer. You provide vision and strategy with purpose, while also rolling up your sleeves to ensure execution. You bring more to the table than what is asked and you provide leadership, guidance and expertise to cross-functional team members.
What you’ll do
Drive marketing strategy, development, process and all related marketing efforts for 23andMe disease communities. This will include leading launch plan efforts for new communities, driving existing communities and working with the research team on future community planning.
- Create innovative and strategic approaches to identify an impactful brand recruiting model for 23andMe disease communities
- Collaborate with team members across research, business development, marketing, creative (designers and copywriters) and engineering to plan and prioritize disease community marketing projects from inception to delivery
- Partner with internal IRB team on submission strategy, dates, deadlines and feedback
- Oversee development of materials to drive project execution (marketing project plans, meeting materials, partnership co-branded materials, etc.)
- Lead initiatives with cross functional teams and develop detailed project requirements, schedules and launch plans for all marketing projects
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented
- Resolve any and all issues and solve problems throughout the project lifecycle
- Facilitate discussions with internal team, external experts and other development partners to build new communities
- Identify recruitment needs and meet and exceed recruiting goals
- Partner with analytics team throughout the recruiting process to understand recruiting levers and adjust strategy and recruiting plans accordingly
We hope you have
- 5-8 years’ experience in marketing management with experience
- MBA or other advanced degree in a relevant field preferred
- Experience leveraging social networking (FB, YouTube, grassroots marketing programs)
- Preferred to have worked in health or research institution
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Expertise in project management and working with cross functional teams in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience working with designers, copywriters and marketing
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Work against tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
- Basic understanding of online marketing, A/B testing, user experience, analytics/testing and development
- Detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills
- A passion for helping people and improving lives, globally
- B.S. or B.A required
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 1 million customers worldwide with over 80 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.