Want to revolutionize health care by collaborating with consumers in genetic research? 23andMe is the only company that empowers individuals with access to and understanding of their own genetic information. We integrate the power of the internet, the promise of big data, and a community that contributes crowd-sourced research to help healthcare organizations accelerate scientific discovery.
Are you driven to getting things done? Can you juggle multiple projects, coordination across functional groups, diving into technical details as well as high-level prioritization, all without breaking a sweat? If so, this is your chance to join a talented, ambitious team that is creating truly novel technologies and products that will change the way people see themselves and the world.
23andMe is looking for a highly motivated Senior Technical Program Manager to connect all the dots between genetics, web development, health, ancestry, big data, consumer services, informatics, and many other facets as we create something truly unique and life impacting. This opportunity requires solid understanding and comfort with complex technologies.
What you’ll do
- Driving cross-functional team deliverables to successful completion.
- Facilitating program/project planning, meetings, prioritization, and communication.
- Coordinating multiple initiatives, aligning schedules, tasks, resources to roadmaps.
- Providing big picture perspective as well as attention to the finer details.
- Identifying and tracking interdependencies, risks, issues.
- Vigilantly monitoring progress.
- Partnering with team leads to ensure overall objectives are met.
- Actively looking for ways to improve team productivity.
- Interfacing with product owners and key stakeholders to ensure they are actively engaged throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Building consensus among diverse and competing perspectives.
- Providing timely communication on program/project objectives, milestones, status, metrics.
- Motivating and focusing teams to achieving corporate level outcomes.
We hope you have
- 6+ years in a senior software engineering or systems integration role.
- 2+ years in a program/project/product management role.
Software Engineering Experience
- Hands-on contribution as a tech lead, software developer, test engineer, professional services engineer, or systems integrator for a portion of your career.
- Working knowledge of systems integration technologies/components (i.e. APIs, data formats, db schema, security, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to break down large complex technical problems into constituent tasks and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and communicate technical concepts and details.
- Experience leading teams in different software development methodologies including Agile/Scrum. Ability to adapt elements to the organization.
Program Management Skills
- Proficient in program/project management tools (i.e. Gantt charts, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; able to communicate clearly and effectively whether with engineers or executives.
- Exhibit strong relationship building and interpersonal skills; able to foster collaboration within and between diverse cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence across functional groups and organizational boundaries.
- Experience with ecommerce systems, order management solutions, or other types of systems integration.
- Proven track record of successful program/project execution.
- Served as a scrum master; successfully transitioned a team from waterfall to agile/scrum.
- Experience at companies of different stages from startup to established corporation.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 1 million customers worldwide with over 80 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.